The Government Compound (Qiryat Hamemshala), located on Palyam Street on the eastern end of the Lower Town area, (the building that looks like a rocket) contains within it the district offices of many government ministries and services serving the north.
Within its premises are:
- The Ministry of Immigrant Absorption (Map) – Tel. 1599-500922 or *2994 (Central Line)
- The Student Authority (Map) – Tel. 1599-500-922
- The Ministry of Interior (Map) – Tel. 04-863-3333
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor (Map) – Tel. 04-8613700 or * 6680 (Central Line)
- The National Insurance Institute (Map) – Tel. 04-8812345 or *6050 (Central Line)
- The Income Tax Authority (Map) – Tel. 04-8630008
- The Israel Land Authority – Tel. 02-5456149 or *5575 (Central Line)
- The Ministry of Education (Map) – Tel. 04-8632666
- The Ministry of Agriculture (Map) – Tel. 04-8623647
- The Ministry of Justice and others (Map) – Tel. 04-8634005 or *2416 (Central Line)
- The Ministry of Construction and Housing (Map) – Tel. *6266
Having these bodies in close proximity makes many administrative and bureaucratic tasks easier. The Israel Government Portal provides on-line forms and payments, information, tips and advice for dealing with government services.